Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you think today's music is not music?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cool_Dude_Clem

Cool_Dude_Clem

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

I'm pretty easy going when it comes to music, but there is one thing I do not think is music, and that today's styles, including Hip-Hop. "Artists" like Emenem, SouljaBoy, 50cent, Alkatraz think there so great, but they wouldn't know music if they heard it :flowers: . I think hip-hop is not music. Where's the melody & harmony? It's depressing, angry & violent, it corrupts today's youth and makes them do the things that they do today. In fact the music industry has brainwashed people into thinking that today's "music" is in fact music, which it's not. There's no room left for proper music anymore. Go into a music store and you wont find good stuff like Blues, Jazz, Soul, Country, Grove, Pop or Classic Rock it's all been replaced by Hip-Hop, Techno, Club, Rave, Jungle, Trance & Drum 'n' Bass :trumpet: , none of which is proper music. Using a synthesis for every instrument is just wrong, it ends up sounding like noise. There's nothing wrong with using synthetic instruments, for maybe a lead or a solo or a pad, but when used for everything, well, it's just like I said before, noise. Hip-Hop, Techno, Club, Rave, Jungle, Trance & Drum 'n' Bass are depressing, violent and angry and are one of the main causes of the majority of today's youth being bad. These modern music styles are the work of the devil and must be stopped, who agrees with me? I needed to get this of my chest. Thanks for reading. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

Like Art,

Music is in the ear of the beholden.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

Actually although I'm fairly young (17), I absolutely think the same thing as you I hate Hip-Hop etc I can't stand it if I listen to any Music there has to be some Skill on the part of the Artists or Bands like actually playing a Guitar or Drums.

My type of Music being Rock, Pop and some Metal, not sure about the others you mentioned like Jazz and Blues never really like them although my Dad most likely does.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I agree too. Why anyone would want to listen to music often so filled with fury and hate is quiet beyond me. Not the same thing, I know, but it reminds me of subliminal messages ... and it surely isn't doing any good to the youg that listen to it.

Personally, I'll listen to nearly any other type of music but find some jazz 'grating' and most country music depressing - gentle smile.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

WOW, flashback!!
That's the same thing my parents used to say about my choice of music. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

LOL. You hit the nail on the head there, TG.  :thumbsup: :flowers:

Never forget the comments about Rock n Roll when I was a teenager. But as to modern "music", I simply never listen to any of it - sheer crud IMHO. Each to their own but can't beat Easy Listening for me. Must be getting old :trumpet:  .

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#7 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

I feel Hip Hop is c***p, they are not singing, so why call it a song? I prefer classic rock and country. Although most county music today is what we called Southern Rock when I was growing up. Just because you sing with a southern accent does not mean it's a country song.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

A lot of it is pure junk. Namely the 60 songs I hear repeated everyday over the 5 stations I pick up between here and work (you know them all). I'm going back to Sat. Radio very soon. Some of it is good though just never gets heard.

Posted Image

#9 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

Personally, I'll listen to nearly any other type of music but find some jazz 'grating' and most country music depressing - gentle smile.

My taste vary greatly depending on my mood, Melodic Death Metal to the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack (the Cox Family being my favorite). Hip hop and rap get on my nerves in a very short order. Not much of a jazz fan, some country is ok ,but just when I thought for sure there couldn't be a more depressing song than George Jones "He stopped loving her today" I hear Whiskey Lullaby

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

Listen to what you like, don't listen to what you don't like. LOL Easy solution.

As for todays music, try a little Shinedown, or Coldplay.. just to name a couple. Today's artist seem to have a way of saying a lot lyrically and musically. You just have to find it.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 hulander

hulander

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

I dont agree with you at all..
According to me today's music is the best music that i have hear till now..
Some rock bands of this century like Linkin Pak,Papa Roach etc are just rocking and they just rock the world..Posted Image
Technology Lover...Posted Image

#12 isosoclese

isosoclese

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

sad thing is the stuff you hear now will become classics in the distant future...

#13 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

I like some of the newer music but I like the older stuff way better, I like what is considered Classic Rock the best.

Even though I don't really care for the hip-hop type stuff, it is the Gangsta Rap that I can find no use for whatsoever.

#14 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

All times have their style of music, all you need is an ear to appreciate. 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s all decades have had their own type of cool music. Today also artists like Lady Gaga are working hard to bring you cool music.

#15 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

Cool Dude Clem,
hello....
Why curse the darkness.....Light a candle :flowers:
There are some great Rappers like...
Toby Mac
Kirk Franklin
DC Talk
Mandisa
Time Warp
check em out.....

(Toby Mac's, Atmosphere)....

(Toby Mac,Kirk Franklin,Mandisa..."Lose my soul)

Brandon heath is pretty good as well,
just in case these link's don't work..look em up on you tube.....

I listen to just about everythange, country, 70's rock,ect....
the cool thange about music is that you get to chose what you assult your ears with..... :thumbsup:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users