Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Help Me 101

Help Me 101

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

After a "Fatal System Error" which I didn't get to repair, I've been asked to re-install the whole thing {windows xp} again.

During set-up, it asked me for a missing "Intel Graphic" file which I don't know what, so I had no choice but to click cancel. The set-up continued but in the end, a blue screen error came up.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to precent damage to your computer.

BAD-POOL-CALLER

If this is the first time you’re seen this stop error screen , restart your computer.if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or sofeware is properly installed . if this is a new installation , ask your hardware or sofeware manufcturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue ,disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software,disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you need to use safe made to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options , and then select safe mode.

Technicial information:

Stop:0x000000C2 (0x0000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00340045, 0xE2088804)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete contact your system administrator or technical support group for futher assistance..

What do I do now? :thumbsup:

Edited by Help Me 101, 27 October 2008 - 11:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

You may have a scratched disk. Try cleaning the disk carefully with a soft cloth and run the install again.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

^I re-installed it again and the installation worked.

It then restarted, showed the dell logo and asked me to press any key to boot from the cd. (But I didn't coz the installation already finished)

But after the Windows XP logo comes up, it just turns black and starts back to the dell logo.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

I would try running the hardware diagnostic tools that Dell normally put on their machines.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

^How do I run it?

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

What's the model number of your computer (e.g. Latitude D830)?

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Dell Dimension 2400

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

Restart the computer. When the DELL logo appears, press <F12> immediately. When the boot device list appears, highlight Boot to Utility Partition and press <Enter>. When the Dell Diagnostics Main Menu appears select the Extended Test.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Help Me 101

Help Me 101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

Thanks. I'll try that. But I've been asked to do that before and everytime I click it, it just goes straight to Windows XP.

But I'll try again.

Edited by Help Me 101, 27 October 2008 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users