Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Infectious Spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Williams

Dee Williams

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

My co-worker and myself received this email from our boss. It is supposedly from UPS Postal Support team:

-----Original Message-----
From: UPS Postal Service Support Team [mailto:ppoijgx@bmwofnashville.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 10:13 AM
To: Bruce Ring
Subject: Tracking N 3829497084

Sorry, we were not able to deliver postal package you sent on October the 19th in time because the recipientís address is not correct.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.
If you do not receive package in ten days you will have to pay 6$ per day.

Your UPS

Although when you click on the link it downloads infectious executable files. I removed with windows defender twice, but it keeps coming back. Trojan Downloader:Win32/Reno and my co-worker has 4 Trojans. The file name is C:Windows\system32\brastk.exe. How do we get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

You need to post this question in Am I infected? forum.

#3 Dee Williams

Dee Williams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users