Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

file or program runs all the time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 laurie48

laurie48

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

on my pc i have a file or a program that runs all the time it slows my computer down how con i fix it please ty larry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hi Larry,

That depends on the file or program.

What do you know about it? How do you know it runs when you start your pc? Is it something that you know but takes up resources? Or is it something you don't recognise that could be harder to remove?

Sorry for all the questions but we need to know what the file is before we can stop it.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 laurie48

laurie48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

sorry i dont know much about it. it seems when i start up my computer it takes forever to come up. the only thing i can say is my computer is running like its downloading. then my computer runs real slow that sometimes the page comes up.page cannot be displayed.i hope this will help you some if not please email back thank you larry

Edited by laurie48, 27 October 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Laurie,

If your PC is running really slowly and that is not normal then you should try posting in the Am I Infected forum and telling them you have a slow boot up and they will be able to help you diagnose possible programs which are eating up your PCs memory.

Before you go there though you should download the following:

A good antivirus, If you already have one then run a scan

Two good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir
Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.

A good antispyware. Again, run a scan if you already have one

There are a number of good antispyware programs, adware, spybot s&d and superantispyware for a start.

The Am I Infected forum will provide you with other measures to protect and also to sort out any programs which may be causing a problem. Check the "Before you post a query" sub-forum there to find out what else you should do before you post for help.

Good luck and if you want any further clarification of this post then just reply.

m0le
Posted Image

#5 laurie48

laurie48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

hello mr mole. i did what you said and i downloaded avast antivirus. went though every thing it said.and heres what happen.it says sys is infected win 32 agent-ry [trj] a file cannot open because they share access flags are incompatible. and i want to thank you for your time helping me. larry

Edited by laurie48, 28 October 2008 - 09:31 AM.

#6 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hi Larry,

The good news is we've id'd the pest!. :huh: It's a trojan program and has sneaked in under your PC's defences.

The bad news is that you will need to have it, and any malicious software it brought in with it, removed.

Please, start a new topic at Am I Infected explaining that you have identified win32 agent ry in your PC. An expert will take up your problem usually within a day or two.

If they can help they will ask you to download some powerful tools to remove the infection so follow their instructions carefully. If they can't help with this type of malware they will refer you to the next stage so don't worry.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

m0le
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users