Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.net framework

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hairyandy

hairyandy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

:thumbsup: i have xp home service pack 3 . i already have .net framework 1.1, + 1.1 hotfix, .net framework 2.0 sp1. auto updates sez no more updates available
hi heres a tecy question ~ i have noticed .net framework 3 + 3.5 are available but are not in automatic updates
:flowers: Q: why?
:trumpet: Q:Are they in sp3?
:inlove: Q:am i missing something a hotfix or something?
:cool: Q:or isnt it for ordiary home users with no website?
:) Q:whats it needed for?
hairyandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

Various versions of MS.Net are required for certain programs to function properly...my experience is that, if required, the program download/install instructions will notify the user that said version of MS.Net is required.

http://www.w3schools.com/ngws/ngws_intro.asp

For example, I know that ATI drivers (download) and nLite each require some version of MS.NET to properly function...because the respective sites inform me of such.

My approach is to only install any version of it...when I am sure that it needs to be installed for some function. Otherwise, I don't install it.

MS.NET is not a critical download, it/updates for it...appear at the WinUpdate site as an optional software download (on my systems).

Critical downloads are seurity related, whereas MS.NET is not (except for possible security-related updates to it, once it is installed).

Louis

#3 hairyandy

hairyandy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

thanx very handy
hairyandy

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users