Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Earth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 humptydoo

humptydoo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

Having down loaded and installed current version Google Earth I was unable to launch the program. When endeavouring to launch, “Start up tip” splash screen appeared and screen froze after few seconds. Unable access Task Manager, Alt/Ctrl/Del didn’t work..Had to switch off computer for reboot. I uninstalled and re-installed on three occasions to no avail. (Anti-virus & Firewall disabled each instance) Used Add/Remove in each instance. I previously had an earlier version and up-graded to current version. I Googled the problem and discovered others were experiencing the same problem, However, no-one seemed to have solution(s). Google Earth Help recommendations not helpful. I have installed the following :- NOD32 Anti-virus, Sygate personal firewall, Ad-Aware, Spybot & Windows defender. My O/S is Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002 Service Pack 3. The compute is Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz @.81 GHz 1.21 GB of Ram. All or any assistance in solving problem will be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

When you install Google Earth, it (used to at least) put a couple of icons in the start menu. One for DirectX and one for OpenGL
Try the DirectX one, and see if that helps
If not, then try OpenGL.

Post back any errors you get, and we'll see what happens.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 humptydoo

humptydoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

Tks response. Have already done what you recommended and added feature has now inserted itself i.e. on top of splash screen box appears with following info ' loading myplaces.kml, including enabled overlays' and feezes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users