Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Completely remove AVG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

Not sure if this is the correct area to post. I want to get rid of all traces of AVG Free. I will be installing KIS 2009+a member here at BC said to also go into system 32 files,registry entries,etc. I am more of a novice user+don't understand all this.
When I've gone to the AVG forum,it's pretty much all tech speak,so that's no help. I'm hoping someone here can help me with this issue.
Thank you
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

It appears that tech support for AVG is for paid subscriptions only. What can members here at BC tell me in regards to removing all traces of AVG Free(latest version) even after going to my add/remove programs section?

Haven't a clue how to look in system 32 files,nor the registry. I'm not supposed to mess with my registry anyway.

Please advise?

Thanks

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

AVG Free forums:
http://freeforum.avg.com/
AVG removal tool:
http://www.avg.com/download-tools
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:
The removal tool sounds just what I need to remove all traces. Just wondering why it's stated as a least resort tho. Suppose I can try to ask at the AVG forum, but they confuse me so.....sigh.

I'll direct some questions there+see what happens. Hopefully today I can get KIS 2009 installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users