Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Colour pics too colourful

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hi,
Is there any way to reduce the colour intensity of photos and pictures printed with my Epson SX100?
I've read the instruction book and tried different settings with no joy, they always come out too gaudy and colourful compared to the original and I need sunglasses to look at them.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:05 AM

You could download an application like Picasa 3 to tone down the colors before printing.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

Worth reading: http://www.techimo.com/forum/graphic-desig...color-help.html

Louis

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:19 AM

Okay thanks everybody, I seem to have got on top of it by juggling the options and sliders around, but it's the poor little office secretaries I feel sorry for who'd have to go through it too.
Call me a dreamer but when I got my printer I thought all I'd have to do would be to bung a blank sheet of paper in and hit 'Go' to get a cloned copy with zero hassle..;)

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

In a perfect world where all possible component variations can be automatically configured properly...you would be right to expect that.

But...printers vary, monitors vary in how they portray colors and tones...and matching the two can be a headache. Which is why those who do professional graphics work...use various programs and settings to try to ensure that what they see is what is printed.

When you throw in the additional factor that image-editors also can contribute to disparities...it's natural that some manual adjustment must be made if the user wants to make WYSIWYG a reality.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users