Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

These graphics are too blurry; these graphics are too sharp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glunn11

Glunn11

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hey BC!
My mom's new PC has been having some issues regarding the sharpness of graphics. She has a Dell Inspiron 518 with an NVIDIA 9500GT, which is running the latest drivers. Her monitor is a 5-year-old 15" Dell E152FP LCD monitor.
EDIT: The monitor is hooked up to the card via a DVI-I/VGA adapter.

I have been playing in the NVIDIA Control Panel and found that changing the refresh rate does change the appearance of the monitor. On 60 and 75 Hz, the monitor is blurry, and on 70 and 72 Hz, the monitor's pixels are too "evident". 70 Hz is doing the job fine, but the graphics are, as I said, too sharp - there are blatant lines and squares.

I was reading that refresh rates are irrelevant on LCD monitors, which is confusing, considering that I do see drastic results when switching from 60 to 70 Hz.

Help? Thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by Glunn11, 26 October 2008 - 07:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Glunn11

Glunn11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

Perhaps this is better suited for the External Hardware section? x_X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users