Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.tidserv infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 n3rd16

n3rd16

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

backdoor.tidserv detected and blocked
backdoor.tidserv removed, plz restart

then

backdoor.tidserv removed, plz restart

after that

backdoor.tidserv removed, plz restart and it keeps gong on.

now the error msg is not coming in history I still see backdoor.tidserv saying it is detected.

Now I have put everything back and uninstalled avast
But I still have malwarebytes. What sud I do.
I went to Norton and they had this post how to remove it.

Systems Affected: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.
Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
Update the virus definitions.
Run a full system scan.
Delete any values added to the registry.

For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.

1. To disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore
How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore

Note: When you are completely finished with the removal procedure and are satisfied that the threat has been removed, reenable System Restore by following the instructions in the aforementioned documents.

For additional information, and an alternative to disabling Windows Me System Restore, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder (Article ID: Q263455).

2. To update the virus definitions
Symantec Security Response fully tests all the virus definitions for quality assurance before they are posted to our servers. There are two ways to obtain the most recent virus definitions:
Running LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions.

If you use Norton AntiVirus 2006, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0, or newer products, LiveUpdate definitions are updated daily. These products include newer technology.

If you use Norton AntiVirus 2005, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0, or earlier products, LiveUpdate definitions are updated weekly. The exception is major outbreaks, when definitions are updated more often.

Downloading the definitions using the Intelligent Updater: The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are posted daily. You should download the definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site and manually install them.

The latest Intelligent Updater virus definitions can be obtained here: Intelligent Updater virus definitions. For detailed instructions read the document: How to update virus definition files using the Intelligent Updater.

3. To run a full system scan
Start your Symantec antivirus program and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files.

For Norton AntiVirus consumer products: Read the document: How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.

For Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise products: Read the document: How to verify that a Symantec Corporate antivirus product is set to scan all files.

Run a full system scan.
If any files are detected, follow the instructions displayed by your antivirus program.
Important: If you are unable to start your Symantec antivirus product or the product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, you may need to stop the risk from running in order to remove it. To do this, run the scan in Safe mode. For instructions, read the document, How to start the computer in Safe Mode. Once you have restarted in Safe mode, run the scan again.
After the files are deleted, restart the computer in Normal mode and proceed with the next section.

Warning messages may be displayed when the computer is restarted, since the threat may not be fully removed at this point. You can ignore these messages and click OK. These messages will not appear when the computer is restarted after the removal instructions have been fully completed. The messages displayed may be similar to the following:

Title: [FILE PATH]
Message body: Windows cannot find [FILE NAME]. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

4. To delete the value from the registry
Important: Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before making any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify the specified subkeys only. For instructions refer to the document: How to make a backup of the Windows registry.
Click Start > Run.
Type regedit
Click OK.

Note: If the registry editor fails to open the threat may have modified the registry to prevent access to the registry editor. Security Response has developed a tool to resolve this problem. Download and run this tool, and then continue with the removal.

Navigate to and delete the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\"build" = "standart"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\"serversdown" = "1"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\"type" = "popup"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata\"affid" = "39"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata\"asubid" = "v2test7"
Navigate to and delete the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TDSServ
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\TDSServ.sys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\TDSServ.sys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\version
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\connections
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\disallowed
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS\injector
Exit the Registry Editor.

Note: If the risk creates or modifies registry subkeys or entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, it is possible that it created them for every user on the compromised computer. To ensure that all registry subkeys or entries are removed or restored, log on using each user account and check for any HKEY_CURRENT_USER items listed above.

But first my Norton does not pick anything in scan and I cannot find these registry files.
I have free Norton 2007. And MLBT plus I have downloaded avast, avira and zone alarm firewall if u want me to install something. I have xp sp2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

The TDSS infection you describe is very hard to remove. As I type this note, there are new variants being discussed.

Please update and run MalwareBytes using the following instructions.

On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note:
-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 n3rd16

n3rd16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1321
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

26/10/2008 8:49:48 PM
mbam-log-2008-10-26 (20-49-48).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 53641
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 9 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

And I have another question, since i have avast installed with MB(malwarebytes) and zonealarm firewall, should i take/uninstall mt norton cuz my comp is to slow right know. i just unistalled avira cuz it is not stron. plus my symantec thing keeps popping up with these biruses and adware but my MB doesn't even find them, what shud i do. and could u tell me a combo for virus protection like godd A/V+good firewall etc, that would be helpful. Could it be possible that viruses affected my norton and it might be showing me crazy stuff?and is it possible that since my backdoor.tiedserv shows up in my norton histroy, could it be getting all this viruses in my comp? what sud i do, norton is acting weird, coming and going.

Another problem, I keep getting this error
Runtime Error
C:\Programs Files\Disc\Siscover.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Another thing comes up when ever my comp opens
Error in
C:\Windows\System32\NvCpl.dll
Missing Entry:NvStartUp

and

same message with ftutil2.ddl
missing entry: SetWriteCacheMode

that would be great if you help me fix all the problems, thnak you so much for taking your time to help me!!!!

last thing since i have programs like picasa and stuff, now i am getting like thier important files popping over in different folder with me touching it, plz help.

Edited by n3rd16, 27 October 2008 - 06:37 PM.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

I use Avast free and have not had any problems. Malwarebytes maybe having problems with your infection and that maybe causing the errors.

If you wish, you can back up your files. There is a possibility we may have to reformat, but that is still to be determined. The thing is, you must becareful we considering that. All backed up files need to be strongly scanned to prevent reinfection.

Next step is SDFix. Please follow these instructions closely.

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users