Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A big hello to ALL from sunny Scotland!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dku

dku

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hi All

I think I'm about to destroy my computer!!! :thumbsup: My computer is running Windows XP home edition, or was. When I go to boot it up, It gets to the blue windows page, attempts to load the desktop, then returns to the welcome page. It then goes to Login User, try to logon but just says loading settings, then immediately saving settings. Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Dean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hello! Welcome!
Posted Image

#3 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

My computer is running Windows XP home edition, or was. When I go to boot it up, It gets to the blue windows page, attempts to load the desktop, then returns to the welcome page. It then goes to Login User, try to logon but just says loading settings, then immediately saving settings. Can anybody help?

Hi Dean and :thumbsup: to BC

Didn't think Scotland was going to be Sunny much longer, wait a week or so and you'll be fed up with the constant rain :flowers:.

I'd suggest you post your Problem I quoted above as a new thread in the Windows XP Forum here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/56/windows-xp-home-and-professional/, someone should come along to help you there hopefully

Edited by woodyblade, 26 October 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hi dku, welcome! Suspect we have similar weather and we can moan when the months of cold rain hits ...

Mara from Canada
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users