Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FREE OCR SOFTWARE for Leopard 10.5.5

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:18 AM

Hey guys,

i'm chasing OCR software (to scan documents into Word 2008) Preferred FREE as the software included on my installtion CD of my HP Photosmart C5280 will not work with Intel Macs and there aren't any fixes. So i'm hoping i can find a freebie i can use. I've looked but no luck.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Izzy, 26 October 2008 - 04:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RocketJL

RocketJL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hi Izzy,

I'm out looking to see what OCR pgms were out there when I ran across your note. If you don't have any real preference, you may already have what you need.

You want to scan OCR docs to Word 2008. This may indicate that you already have MS Office. If so, go to 'START' and call up your loaded 'ALL PROGRAMS'. Go into Microsoft Tools and select Microsoft Office Document Imaging. When you click on the program, it will open up to a screen that will let you scan your doc and port it to Microsoft Word.

Hope this helps.

RocketJL

Edited by RocketJL, 02 November 2008 - 11:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users