Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple threats removed on app open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yass

yass

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi there everyone I am so stressed. I never had a problem with viruses for like ever. But now I am pretty sure im hit. So i went and downloaded avg free right away. And the resident shield scanner kept picking up bad dlls and asking me to remove. If i dont click remove within like a second it says "AVG tried to remove but file not found" so i switched it to "auto-heal" so now its removing isntantly as it finds it. But the thing is, I think its not detecting the virus that is causing these threats. It finds theese threats every time i launch an application it says. Also onload after windows logon it throws an error saying "X dll cant be found" ill get that name for you all if it would help. But from what I've said so far anyone have an idea?

Oh the most commonly detected dll is called "pebshe.dll" There's like 60 occurances of that in my hour of using the computer.
Im using Windows XP
Firefox occasionally gets a pop up too which is real weird

Thanks very very much

Edited by yass, 26 October 2008 - 12:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 iisjman07

iisjman07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

OK, please start off by downloading SUPERantispyware from here:
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE
. Once installed, update the definitions and run a scan. If you have a big hard drive, run a quick scan, because the scanner isn't very fast... If you can, please post the log back here...

Then run a scan with MalwareBytes, which you can get here:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
. Download the program, update it and run a scan. This has a much faster scanner so you may wish to run a full scan. Please post this log aswell (it should popup in a little text file when finished scanning)

Edited by iisjman07, 26 October 2008 - 02:09 AM.

#3 yass

yass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

Aye aye captain. Will post momentarily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users