Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kindly give me suggestions.. pls...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 licens-e

licens-e

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

yeah.. as u can see about the description of this topic.

yeah good day to all..

i just want to hear some suggestion from this community

well the story is..

next month ill be buying a new set of pc... (desktop)
and i myself will buy the indivudual parts..

to make it customize..

well heres my plan

-2.66ghz core2duo
-intel board
-2g ddr2
-ichill 8500gt nvidia
-160gig seagate
-samsung dvdr
-dynamo psu
-some exaust fans
-5.1 speakers

of course you can comment on any parts u want me to change prior to my own built
i can still get your comments at the end of this month.

a word or two is very much appreciated..

thanks all...!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Pandy, 25 October 2008 - 10:43 PM.
moved from General Chat

--------

The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain. The complete is more than the sum of its pieces.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darkestside

darkestside

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

I am for sure an Intel person so I am liking parts of the build already. I am not sure exactly what uses you plan on having for this PC, it seems to me like a Media Center PC.

I am not to sure about the Dynamo PSU cause I have never heard of it. How many watts? If its only like 400 there's a good deal on a 430 Watt Thermaltake.

As for your CPU, not exactly sure which 2.66ghz you are talking about, theres 3 of them. Hopefully its not a E6750 that I see here at NewEgg that it's 179.99, you could spend the same exact price and get an E8500 which is a 3.16ghz core 2 duo built on 45nm vs 65nm architecture, also it has a 6mb cache vs 4mb.

For sure go with an Intel motherboard if you want a solid computer, just do not go for the cheapest one cause price does equal quality and ability.

As for a chipset stay away from the 945, 955, 975 chipsets cause they are a bit to old to keep up with today's new technology. I myself like the P45 chipset, usually they run DDR2 800 ram and can support all of their processors except the Extremes I think.

I like Seagate hard drives. I've had mine for some time now and never had any problems with it. 5.1 surround sound speakers are nice but I myself would drop the money for the speakers into a better video card, but again I am not sure exactly what your plans are for this PC.

Maybe some links to the actual hardware will help us see exactly what you plan on making.
Posted Image

#3 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

What are you planning to use for an OS?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

A large consideration in the criteria of choosing a PSU is what the Graphics card will require as a minimum Wattage and Amperage on the 12V rail. I would check out the system requirements from the manufacturer and star from the. The PSU is one of the most important components of the computer, I would go with one of the better known manufacturers, the following is a short list of PSUs compiled by our staff.

PC Power & Cooling
Zalman
Antec
Thermaltake
Corsair
Seasonic
Enermax
Silverstone

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 licens-e

licens-e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

1st of all.. thanks {darkestside, mattv, dc3}

well.. if you asked what os.. of course ill go for the stable 1.. im talking about xp pro.

for media use..?? im a music person so i can say that its somekinda multimedia centered.. also i like movies..

i rarely do gaming on pc..

thats why i bought seperate sony ps2. eheheh coz i think pc are not for hard gaming..

surfing and running my pc 24hours is next to the reason i need a strong 1..

i also into photoshop and flash animation.. and i think better video will help me then

to be exact on brands.. well.. bro dc3.. those brands i think is rare on this country..

only available is cooler master..

and i think ill go for 550watts...

the motherboard is.... dg35ec.. google has it most search..

the video card...
Posted Image

hope i can get more words from you guys..

thanks so much..
--------

The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain. The complete is more than the sum of its pieces.

#6 darkestside

darkestside

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

Ok bonus I have a bit more information now.

That motherboard is for sure a very good choice. I myself love Intel boards and that G35 chipset is very nice indeed.
The only problem that I see with that motherboard is if you plan on going with a E8400 or E7400(I think that's the processor number) you might have some bios issues, hopefully the board that you get will have the correct bios to support the new 45nm processors. Those new processors are much cheaper than the E6750 as I mentioned in my original post.

Go with 2gb of Kingston Valueram 800mhz you can get them very cheap at newegg or anywhere else for that matter.

550 watt power supply should be more than enough power. I only run 430 watts on my PC with an ATI X800GTO^2 with a D940. Hopefully you can find a good name brand power supply where your at.

With the video card you can go with whatever you want now that I know you have no plans for gaming.

I am sure that you have some online websites that you can access from your country to get good name brand stuff.

Mod Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 28 October 2008 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users