Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

whan playing videos,only blank screen and audio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tranqiller

tranqiller

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

Hi,im having problems watching any kind of video.When playing video file all i get is a blank screen and i can hear the sound.The problem is the same with these players:WMP 10,BSplayer and PowerCinema.So far,only player i can use is DivX player when playing avi files.I uninstalled all of my codecs and installed K-Lite Codec Pack,reinstalled WMP and installed new video card driver but the problem is still there.Suggestions?

Edited by tranqiller, 25 October 2008 - 05:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Try VLC.

http://www.videolan.org/

#3 tranqiller

tranqiller
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

I would really like to find a solution for this problem,not download a new player.

Edited by tranqiller, 26 October 2008 - 05:29 AM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

It's the best solution. A lot of users have given up on WMP and have gone to VLC because it will play anything. You're going to spend who knows how much time trying to figure this out and chances are pretty good nothing will work. So make life easy on yourself unless you like hitting your head against a brick wall. This is a suggestion that will actually work.

Edited by frankp316, 26 October 2008 - 10:48 AM.

#5 tranqiller

tranqiller
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

Downloaded VLC player,it wont work either. :thumbsup: I think the best solution is new xp installation.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

Then the problem is not WMP. There's likely something else going on. Normally, VLC will play anything.

#7 tranqiller

tranqiller
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

Then the problem is not WMP.

Glad that you figured that out :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users