Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bashebabutt

Bashebabutt

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Okay I am having some issues. First off this computer was badly infected (around 250 Trojans). It is clean now and checked on the thread on "Am i infected". So the problems that were occurring that I thought were from infection are still there.

Desktop takes forever to load...like 10 minutes.
Once loaded and you click on any application...it takes forever to load.
And I cannot download windows updates....even going to the website it still wont accept it. At first it was saying Virtual Windows too low, so I added a gig of RAM. Still wont go...and it is the service pack 3 it wont take.

Should I reformat?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

The effects of malware on a system...often seem to remain long after users think that infected files have been removed.

Of course, they probably have been removed...but the effects of the malware on the system don't necessarily end with the removal of x files.

I'd suggest a clean install, giving yourself a good base and the chance to keep it that way.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users