Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Date/Time issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 compunerd

compunerd

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

When I startup my comp, the time will be behind approx. 12 hrs and the date shows as thw day before. I can correct it manually but the internet synchronization doesn't work, it says that my time is off. The sync. is supposed to work even if the time is off by 15 hrs, so it says.

Could the CMOS battery going dead cause this issue, or partly the cause?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Is your BIOS time correct?

Yes...a weak, failing, dead CMOS battery can cause any number of difficult situations, the most easily recognizable being inaccurate system clock and file datestamps.

The first time I paid attention to this...I had done a clean install because of some issues that didn't make sense and upon reboot I noticed that my file creation times reflected a year before XP was ever released :thumbsup:. The cause of my problems suddenly became clear, corrected by a $2.95 purchase at WalMart.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp Ignore the part about writing down settings, totally unnecessary these days.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users