Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ms word 2002 won't install?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 frmarine

frmarine

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

os: xp-sp3 Trying to install ms wordperfect productivity pack 2002 from cd-rom. never installed it yrs ago. program prompts for cd serial#. similar #'s are already typed in boxes different than ones on cd sticker. won't let me type in new ones. it starts the process, but comes up with msg. saying "the set-up wizard cannot complete the installation". i've tried it many times, with no luck. i disabled mcafee virus, lowered firewall setting, with no luck. i've had some problems lately when i install a program & decide to uninstall it, i have to use revo-uninstaller to remove it. trying to remove from add/remove isn't working.i've made some tweaks here & there lately to improve performance( a few registry keys), with no other problems though. THANX for your time/help if anyone responds.

Edited by frmarine, 25 October 2008 - 12:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

ms wordperfect productivity pack 2002

I don't use MS Office, I really only dabble with Open Office, but isn't Wordperfect by Corel?
When you click on one of the boxes containing the numbers and hit the backspace key, It won't clear?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 frmarine

frmarine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

it is from corel. i get nothing clicking on the boxes. the #'s already typed in won't erase. i'm going to try & call corel tech this week. thanx for the reply.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

You might want to check Add/Remove programs and see if it lists any Corel products that might still be installed. If you find any, remove them.
Also down load the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Open it and tick the box next to anything that refers to Corel

Edited by garmanma, 26 October 2008 - 12:32 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 frmarine

frmarine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

mark, i tried to d-load the utility, but i get a msg. saying " the installation pkg could'nt be opened, verify the pkg exists, you can access it, contact vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer pkg." some programs i can download, & remove from the control panel & some i can't lately. i've tweaked some registery keys lately to help with performance, but i don't think that could be causing the problems, or i hope not & i'll have to go back & reverse them. i tried to intall a spyware remover today to try it out and it requires msoft virtual c++ to run, & it would'nt install that because of "error code 2755". i've also had a problem removing a couple of programs from add/remove like i said earlier & i had to install revo uninstaller to remove them. never had that problem before up until a couple of weeks ago. i might have to do a sys restore & go back 2-3 wks. i don't know whats going on. as i was typing this my pc freezed up which it never does. i should'nt have any malware as i have'nt visited any bad sites lately. i deleted some files yesterday that could be causing some of this today, who knows.thanx for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users