Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows is only recognizing blank dvds as 139mb?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

I have a Pioneer DVR-111D DVD Drive...It always worked fine, with all dvds I bought. I now am using Staples Brand DVD-R discs, I went through about half the pack and they all worked fine(I mainly burn ISOs)...My ISO burning software is the infamous ImgBurn. But all of a sudden, when i put a dvd in ImgBurn reports back that it is only 139mb, and wont let anything bigger than that burn.Anybody have a clue as to how to fix this?
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

Is this ImgBurn a freeware/trail version?

It would do the same with MagicISO for me. But as soon as I bought the software it read the full 700MB/4.7GB(DVD's)
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

ImgBurn is freeware, and I have never had a problem with it doing this before. I will try my activated version of Magic ISO and see if it still does it.
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users