Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dumb blonde need help problems with desktop/pictures e.t.c

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emma83

emma83

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hello people

I am having problems with my laptop I think I got one of them virus things but got ride of it using some virus stuff that one of friends told me.

Now my desktop is black and I cant change it evertime I try clicking on the personalise bit and change the background the pictures have nothing on them in my folder just a title. and even when I change the picture my background is still black.

Also when i go into my pictures folder there are no pictures on the icons just a title and even if i change to tiles it defaults back.

annybody help me

thanx

emma

xxxxxxxx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:00 AM

You may still have the virus Emma. Your computer isn't just freaking out, it has had its settings changed and unless you did it (unlikely) then it must be a malicious program.

I suggest you run an antivirus scanner, if you have one. If not you can download one of the recommended free ones below.

Two good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir
Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.

After that read the "Before you post a query" link and then post a query in the Am I Infected forum for some useful advice and individual help from one of BC's malware experts.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 emma83

emma83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hello thanx for helping I have a virus thingy kaspersky ive run that and spyware doctor,spybot,superantispyware, ad,aware, advanced windows care, and registry booster (sat different times) and none of them have sorted it.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

Then click the link above for Am I Infected and let someone help you run some good malware detection and removal tools.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users