Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can anyone help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Locke

Locke

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:33 AM

hi guys, one of my friends is in a spot of trouble and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for him:

Hi all Very Happy

I have a huge problem that I hope someone can show me a way...

Hereīs the thing:
Iīve been organising some adventure sports activities with a "friend" of mine in the last couple of months.
All was going great, but the so called "friend" picked all the paintball gear, money from the safe box and disapeared.

I already filed a report to the police, and they are looking for him (I hope).

What i need help with is:
I had some files in my computer, bout finances and events. I got Windows XP in that computer, where I am the admin and he wasnt.

Thing is, as Admin, I canīt get inside his documents folder cause it seems he placed a password on it or something. I can check all the other folders (cookies, etc) but canīt get inside his "my documents" folder.

I really need that cause there are some major docs in there about the next events that are to take place in may and june and I dont have time to start from scratch.

Anyone knows a way to get his user password or, as Admin, to go into his documents folder and copy the docs??

Plz someone say there is a way..... Confused

he should, as admin, be able to view this dudes stuff right? i mean, the whole point of bieng admin is you have complete control, yeah?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:54 AM

If he's got admin rights all he needs to do is delete/change the password in user accounts.

If he deletes the password he'll be able to login as that user.

#3 Locke

Locke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:15 AM

um, what steps are needed to do that?

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:29 AM

Start> Control Panel > User Accounts (if on XP) > click on his account > click change password

And change it to whatever you want it to, and then log in on his account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users