Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Workgroup event log

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Booman

Booman

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

How do I fix this?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3095
Date: 10/24/2008
Time: 3:43:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JEFF-LAPTOP
Description:
This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And this one too

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 51
Time: 6:36:51 PM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by Booman, 24 October 2008 - 09:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

Event ID: 3095 - Source: NETLOGON - This Windows NT computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration.
RESOLUTION:

1. Since the Netlogon service should not be configured to start automatically on a server that is not a domain member (a stand-alone server or non-networked Windows NT-based computer), configure the Netlogon service so that its startup type is set to "Manual."
2. Make sure workstation service is running and restart
chicagotech.net

Error 51 is kind of a generic one. I would start out by downloading and running memtest to check you memory:
http://www.memtest.org/

If that passes, I would go to the support sight for you hard drive and download their diagnostic utility
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

This sort of error has many different causes. In general, if there's only one instance of this error, it's likely to be a glitch in the OS that won't trouble you (chkdsk /r usually fixes it automatically during a reboot). If the errors start repeating, then it's time to go hunting for the cause.

As garmanma mentioned, check your memory.
Also, since the error occurred during a paging operation - delete and recreate your paging file

Use this technique to "reset" your pagefile:
a ) Go to Start...Run...and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
-Then click on the Advanced tab,
-then on the Performance Settings Button,
-then on the next Advanced tab,
-then on the Virtual Memory Change button.
b ) In this window, note down the current settings for your pagefile (so you can restore them later on).
-Then click on the "No paging file" radio button, and
- then on the "Set" button. Be sure, if you have multiple hard drives, that you ensure that the paging file is set to 0 on all of them.
-Click OK to exit the dialogs.
c ) Reboot (this will remove the pagefile from your system)
d ) Then go back in following the directions in step a ) and re-enter the settings that you wrote down in step b ). Follow the steps all the way through (and including) the reboot.
e ) Once you've rebooted this second time, go back in and check to make sure that the settings are as they're supposed to be.

Then we move on to checking the hard drive...
- Run chkdsk /r from the command prompt. To do this, go to Start...Run...and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
In the black window that opens up, type "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes) and press Enter. It'll tell you that it can't do it now, and will ask if you want to schedule it for the next reboot. Answer Y (for yes) and press Enter - then reboot the system.
- Run a hard drive diagnostic from the manufacturer of the hard drive. There's a list of the most common one's in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

This is New RAM I just bought. I just had it replaced and upgraded. RAM is not the issue here.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Winlogon
Event ID: 1001
Date: 10/25/2008
Time: 1:18:28 AM
Description:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive.
Cleaning up 1210 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 1210 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 1210 unused security descriptors.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
Free space verification is complete.

58597055 KB total disk space.
37722500 KB in 140241 files.
72764 KB in 12597 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
344643 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
20457148 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
14649263 total allocation units on disk.
5114287 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
30 75 02 00 10 55 02 00 f1 82 03 00 00 00 00 00 0u...U..........
7f 22 01 00 02 00 00 00 a0 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 ."..............
5c 4d 1f 05 00 00 00 00 60 73 02 bb 00 00 00 00 \M......`s......
a0 98 1a 25 00 00 00 00 d4 47 b0 77 07 00 00 00 ...%.....G.w....
56 b3 db 81 02 00 00 00 9e aa d6 ee 0a 00 00 00 V...............
99 9e 36 00 00 00 00 00 90 38 07 00 d1 23 02 00 ..6......8...#..
00 00 00 00 00 10 66 fe 08 00 00 00 35 31 00 00 ......f.....51..

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

Edited by Booman, 25 October 2008 - 08:03 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

Since you know RAM is not the issue, then I'd assume that you'd know that:
1 ) RAM can come out of the package bad
2 ) While installing RAM, static electricity can damage it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

I had an antistatic band on. And the RAM has been replaced 2 times. The error says Disk. I don't think its the RAM. Edgetech is my RAM Manufacturer

http://www.edgetechcorp.com/

Is there a registry edit to remove the "END PROGRAM (Not Responding)" Dialog? Or even when you shut down the time to close an application box?

#7 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 51
Time: 6:36:51 PM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

Hah! I rebooted and my pc showed the windows xp loading bar then my drivers flashed and my hard drive stopped loading. I had to format the whole drive. The repair installation 'could not copy' files. So My RAM was not bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users