Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Internet Security CIS released today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

I have just downloaded and installed the new Security suite from Comodo. It is running very smooth and installed without mishap. This is the long awaited 3 in 1 application of Firewall, AntiVirus and Defence +. Once I got back on line I went to Shields Up and got 100% security ratings in every aspect. I am a big fan of Comodo and have used their Firewall since v2 but this one looks like the best and safest yet and it is very light on resources. For all you people asking about the best free security system this may very well be it.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

After reading your post, I decided to try Comodo Internet Security.
Uninstalled my firewall and antivirus. Enabled Windows firewall.

During the Comodo install, the message that it had found Outpost and another firewall on my computer popped up. Both of those had been uninstalled previously. Off to search for remnants of them. First place, the registry where there were leftovers from one of them, got rid of those.
Found nothing in the registry concerning Outpost.
A search of my computer found nothing of the one I can't recall the name of, and nothing from Outpost.

Back to install of Comodo. This time I was informed that Outpost was still somewhere on the compter.
Decided to ignore it and install.
After a reboot, Comodo firewall was telling me that it was not functional or something to that effect.
I tried the fix option, that didn't work.
Ended up uninstalling and going back to what I had previously uninstalled.
I am willing to give the CIS a try, but can't get past the Outpost thing.
Any suggestions?

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:07 AM

Hi Queen-Evie, Sorry I have no personal advice for you but have posted your problem in a thread I started at the Comodo Forums / CIS / Help / Install, set-up, configuration. I will keep an eye on any replies regarding your problem and you can also see for yourself at the following link.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Here is what Ragwing one of the moderators at Comodo had to say about your problem. Hope this helps.

CIS will warn you that Outpost is installed if one of the following registry keys are present:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro_is1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{33C9E362-3EDA-4930-8AFE-5DA39A8BB77A}

I'll attach the full list of incompatible software and their registry keys.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=....0;attach=22713

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

I got tired of ZA. I installed Comodo on 4 machines last week. 3 went without a hitch. the last one gave me a bluescreen on reboot saying something to the effect of multiple Programs. Don't remember if one was Outpost. I selected "Start at last known good configuration" and it seemed to hang. Went to supper and came back and everything was fine. Comodo runs fine

Edited by garmanma, 27 October 2008 - 03:51 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Thank you Bluesjunior for the info.
I found the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{33C9E362-3EDA-4930-8AFE-5DA39A8BB77A}

and deleted it. The install went off without a hitch.

Had an issue getting AVG to uninstall, kept getting an uninstall failed message. Finally booted into safe mode and it uninstalled.

I appreciate the help.

Garmanma, I used Comodo firewall for a couple of years. Last week I switched back to Zone Alarm-no particular reason why I did. Mostly because I can. And after reinstalling ZA, I was reminded why I got rid of it-I simply don't like it much.

So now I have Comodo firewall once again, along with the Comodo antivirus.

#7 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:41 AM

Your welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users