Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burner help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Viper786

Viper786

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:07 AM

Hi, i just bought a new 8x dvd+/-RW burner and i installed nero 6 express which came with the burner. When i go to burn a dvd, it gives me the burn speed option of 4x as the max.... i am using 8x DVDs. Any idea why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:17 AM

Are you using a cheap brand of DVD-R? You could try updating your firmware. Firmware updates usually help with media compatibility.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:40 AM

also DId you get the fll version of nero? Or just the coomon stuff. Just for advice I wouldnt go bruning dvdx8 though. Video looses its "lackluster after 4x. I have always backedup my dvd at 2x ya it takes longer but Ive never had a coaster! And try what huckerj says, update yer firmware!

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:56 AM

I would say software but nero is great! Hum...........?

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:59 AM

Like brunt said burning video is different than a cd of music or data. 4x is plenty fast for dvd copying. Until the future where we can burn at amazing speeds of 56x!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users