Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:22 AM

I don't think this is the right place to be asking this but I am somewhat of a recluse....no I am a recluse. I don't have any one to ask so I thought that you would be so kind to andwer this question for me.
I am buying a DVD recorder/player. I already have a DVD player I purchased when my VCR bite the dust. The new DVR is a (won't mention any names) + R/RW DVD Recoreder
I am going to mainly use it to tape TV shows etc. I am not sure what kind of disk I need...I called a store and he when I said I saw them for 35-40 $ for 25 and he hasked me if someone was putting me up to this...he said most people buy 5 or so if it is just for taping TV shows.
I called some other store and of courde they were out of the less expensive and fewer quainty ones.
Could/Would someone please tell me what kind of disk that I need ? Please? I am leaving at around 5:30 CST ....I have been wanting this for a lomg time and have
decided to be there when the store opens at 6:00
Any help would be much appreciated.

TYIA,
La Princess ..... also got a laser mouse that seems to go where it wants to go...nowhere, :thumbsup: if you could also help me with that I would be very happy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:06 AM

If your asking what type of DVD media you need well that depends on what you want to do with it. Just like CDs, DVDs are available in DVD-R and DVD-RW formats.
DVD-R you can only burn it once -ideal for backups, archiving photos, saving stuff you don't want to loose.
DVD-RW you can burn many times, that is you can burn it then erase it and burn it again. Ideal for recording stuff you want to watch once and then never need again, or for weekly backups where you only want last weeks data, not last months if you see what I mean.
What brand should you buy? Well I'd avoid no-name stuff like the plague but after that its up to you. TDK is a good brand but there are many others.If your really keen look up some reviews.

Mouse - USB or PS2? Does the light come on? What does windows control panel say about it?

Hope this helped. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 03 May 2005 - 07:08 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users