Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd-Rom Troubles!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkWarriorShado

DarkWarriorShado

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:15 AM

Well you see i will start from scratch its a Cd-rom 2 its a gateway pc and i used its restore software it deleted the hd paritrion if i spelt it right..so now i decided to reinstall it to fat32 it was orignaly i did now it says os not found but when i put the cd in the cdrom tray the xp one it skips to readinga disk and says
Missing Operating System

So probelm is it wont read the XP Cd in the cd rom however the partitrion is set to the active one and it A ok cd rom wont read so i need to install windows help please! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hey DarkWarriorShado. It sounds like when you did the restore it set your bios to boot to the c: drive first. You will need to go into the bios and set the boot order to boot from the CD drive first. You get into the bios by tapping a key when the computer is powering up. Your computer documentaation should tell you what key this is (it is different for different computers). Some popular ones are F1, F2, Del and F10.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 DarkWarriorShado

DarkWarriorShado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:33 AM

I have already tried changing boot order it makes sound of reads a cd and it just ships to the a drive after words and dont start booting from cd.... press any key so on you know what i mena it doesnt do it just skips any cd even setting it to 1st boot to

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:12 AM

Then the CD is not bootable. Let me ask you this. If you have used the system restore disks provided with your computer why do you need to install windows again? Using the system restore disks does this for you. Is the XP cd and Upgrade CD?

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users