Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to Uninstall and Reinstall HP 3650 Drivers, Can't

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bachiatari

Bachiatari

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Gateway M675PRR, Windows XP SP3.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason earlier, my HP 3650 Deskjet Printer stopped working, after successfully printing a document from MS Word, no less. It blinks and blinks, and says it's printing pages "3/2" but never budges an inch. I did some Googling, and I deduced perhaps a reinstallation of drivers was necessary. So I tried downloading the Full Feature driver package from the HP website. I get to the point where it tells me to plug in the USB drive, and I do, and a window comes up telling me it's searching for a new printer, but it never finds it. So I cancelled that, then tried downloading just the Basic Feature package. That only gives me the drivers and I don't know what to do with them from there.

Now I have another problem: I have two printer-related folders on my C-Drive, one called "Hewlett-Packard" and one called "HP". I tried deleting them to try reinstalling again, but I can't delete the Hewlett-Packard folder because access is denied to hpwuSchd.exe, and I can't delete the HP folder because access is denied to hpcmerr.log.

I just want to know what the heck is going on and how I can fix it. Desperately need help. Cannot afford to take printer or laptop apart or something drastic like that.

HELP.

Edit: Still unsure of where the greater problem lies, in the printer itself or in the software. I've unplugged both the printer power cord and the printer USB cable from both ends at least three times now; the power is currently unplugged and the USB is disconnected from the computer.

In addition, I tried a solution I saw on the HP site, under the FAQ "Print Jobs Fail to Be Deleted from Print Spooler in Windows 2000 and XP". So I stopped and started the Print Spooler, then restarted it again for good measure. Everything's still unplugged, but I'll see if I made any more progress or not in the morning.

Edited by Bachiatari, 23 October 2008 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

*Unplug printer
*Open Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software
*Find the entry for your HP Printer software and click remove. There may be multiple entries, remove all of them. This will take a while
*Reboot - DONT plug the printer back in
*Download the full feature driver, making sure it is the right one. (If there are any letters written after 3650 on your printer, be sure to match these on the website)
*Install driver and follow the instructions exactly
*Post back here with results and any and all error messages shown

As a rule, adding text such as RESPOND IMMEDIATELY to your post is unlikely to endear you to the rest of the members. People will respond to your post as and when they are able.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

Thank you. Full stop.

To your last point, I understand completely, and am not normally so rude, though I'll admit I was not in the most rational of states when I originally posted. I would edit it if I could. ^^;

#4 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

Thank You. Full Stop

Is your printer working now then?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#5 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

Just wanted to be courteous, and thank you for your response despite my attitude. ^^ I'm working on your solution now.

Edit: Okay, Full Feature Driver package fully installed, no hitches. Showing the printer icon in the taskbar.

Ahh, now it tells me! I'm getting a pop-up saying:

Print Cartridge Problem

Try removing and reinserting the print cartridge on the right side of the carriage.

If the problem persists, install a new black/photo print cartridge.

Oy. I tried taking the thing out and looking at it, but I can't tell what's wrong. =( It's an HP Black Print Cartridge, Number 27, C8727A. Of note, there are some smudges of ink on the copper strip.

Edit #2: The User's Guide says "They are required electrical contacts. Touching these parts will result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections."

So the crux of all this matter seems to be simply that I need a new black cartridge. -.-; *FACEPALM, HEADDESK*

Edit #3: Or manually clean this one. *gets out distilled bottled water and Q-Tip* It might be suicide, per se, but seeing as otherwise I'd need a new one anyway, I'll give it a try.

Edit #4: Nope, still blinking when I replace the black cartridge (the light is solid with it removed). A new one it is.

Edited by Bachiatari, 24 October 2008 - 05:12 PM.

#6 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

OK, let me know when you make some progress
Tom

Tswsl1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users