The machine was passed over because it won't connect to the internet.
I've checked it and so far I've found some unusual problems. I've tried to include as many as possible however I haven't been able to test everything so I'm not sure if there are any other symptoms
- The network connections screen is blank, and the intel proset/wireless adaptor is not available. The enable radio button is greyed out too.
- When I checked the device manager screen it was blank. I was able to restore this by re-enabling plug and play. The network adaptors seem okay (ie no red crosses etc) on the device manager screen but the connections screen is still blank.
- If I try to create a new network connection I can only select and option on the first screen (with the radio buttons for the type of network connection) and when I hit next I am taken to the finish screen.
- I connected an ethernet cable directly to my router and normally I'd expect it to connect via the 1394 net adaptor but nothing happens.
- I tried to transfer hijack this and sdfix over by SD card. Adobe picked up on some random pictures I had saved but when I accessed explorer the system would not recognise the device (there was nothing showing for e:)
- If you try and access itunes an error message appears 'Itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not be possible'
- It's a dell laptop with the volume mute, volume increase/decrease, pause/play buttons etc on the front. No matter how long or how many times I press the volume up button the scroll bar part stays at 0 (as if it's been turned right down)
- Every time I start up the machine I get an error 'windows registry recover - One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful'
- The program access and defaults folder shows on the start menu but instead of having a title it has 4 squares where the text would be.
- Norton antivirus is the only antivirus program. When I try to open it from the programs menu nothing happens.