Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen error, what does it mean and how do i fix it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 red_xiii 420

red_xiii 420

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

Some times when I click on something (doesnt matter what it is) my computer goes to a blue screen and restarts. It give the usual tips of updating drivers and bios but i think mine are updated. The error code below that is: 0X0000008E (0XC0000047,0X8168B95, 0X8AD638DC, 0x00000000)

I have scaned the whole computer with windows defender, done a virus scan with AVG anti virus and a spyware scan with spybot S&D and believe i have removed all of the bat things
My computer is a Gateway FX7020 I have had it since December 30, It has Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, AMD Phenom 9600 (Quad core), NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT, have 4 GB of Ram and the model.
If any other info would help please ask (also when I complete a memscan how do i find the results?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

You may be able to find the reason for the BSOD by clicking on this link. The link is for XP but many parts of the procedure are compatible for Vista. Note that you should copy the minidump files to the desktop prior to opening since the Windows directory is protected.

3939.png

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:59 AM

We have just posted a mini-guide for this that goes into more detail than the Major Geeks link. You can find our guide here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users