Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system Restore won't work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stinkfist

stinkfist

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hello I have a similar problem I can't get me system restore to work. I downloaded the Malwarebytes and this is what I came up with so far. What happened to me was I downloaded a video .exe file saved it to my desktop and got a trojan and or virus or what ever. But no matter what I did I could no get the ! off my pc in the bottom corner and it told me I had to buy this Win Antivirus software for $70. So I did like a idiot it worked but now I can't do a restart and it seam a little slower like there is something still there. I am also worried about giving my credit card info on line now. Do I need to do more with this report below? Thanks

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.29
Database version: 1306
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/22/2008 11:52:03 AM
mbam-log-2008-10-22 (11-52-03).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 23786
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{be1a344f-9ff5-4024-949b-52205e6db2d0} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{be1a344f-9ff5-4024-949b-52205e6db2d0} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stinkfist

stinkfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

I just ran another scan and I got a completely different outcome. Do I need to continue with the rest of you instructions?

10/22/2008 12:31:51 PM
mbam-log-2008-10-22 (12-31-51).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 45488
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\multimediaControls.chl (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securewebinfo.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.safetyincludes.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securemanaging.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Software Licensors\Antispyware PRO XP (Rogue.AntiSpywareProXP) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

I spilt your posts into your own topic.
You might want to add a brief description of your problem for members to see
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 stinkfist

stinkfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

Ok I am running Windows XP home edition. One night I saved a video .exe file to my PC to watch and bam I got a trojan or virus or what ever. It kept giving me a pop up that said you need to buy this antivirus software to fix. It also slowed it down and I have freezing issues now. I tried a system restore and it said it could not restore for some reason no matter what date I set it at. After trying every thing I had as far as software like PC doctor and Xsoft and adAware it would never go away. So I finally bought the $70 software and it fixed the pop up that came up ever few minutes and I got most of my speed back but it will still freeze if i run to many things a once. Here is the website I had to buy it from hxxp://windowsav.com/
Do they set up theses virus so you have to buy this to fix? Isn't this illegal? Any way after all of this I still can't use system restore. Should I try to fix this? I am worried that this virus Trojan is still in my pc. I have ran the Malwarebytes software and above it what I got so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#5 stinkfist

stinkfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

Here is my lasted scan. It seams slow to first connect to the internet and also going to the control panel is really slow. It say it does not find anything but I still can't do a system restore and have freezing.

10/25/2008 3:01:32 PM
mbam-log-2008-10-25 (15-01-32).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 45775
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

This scan looks clean to me. I suggest you go to the next level and create and post a HJT log
Follow the instructions here and post in the proper forum
Good luck
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users