Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profile Cannot Be loaded

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 t3knoid

t3knoid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

hello, i'm new to this forum and i am not very computer literate, so please try to explain simply :thumbsup:
basically today when i turned on my computer, at the welcome screen i got two messages saying:

windows cannot load the locally stored profile.

windows cannot find the local profileand is logging you on to a temporary user

i cannot see anything that i have changed any help would be appreciated (Y)

any extra information needed just ask :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 t3knoid

t3knoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

p.s. if anyone knows how i could get my documents back that would be nice :thumbsup: alot of important work not backed up

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

At times, a user profile (or any other file) can become damaged/corrupted. This can due to any number of reasons, net effect is that the file does not behave as it should or it cannot be read by the system.

If you are indeed logged on...you should be able to see whatever files you had.

In any case, this is what you should try, How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=811151

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users