Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Problem...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

Ok, i have yet ANOTHER problem with XP...... can't wait to switch to linux.....

I was messing around with the selective startup, turning off all the bleep i don't need. I accidently turned off the little icons right beside the start button, though. This is where i keep my "DESKTOP", "GAIM", and folder shortcuts. I forgot what the buttons were called, but they're gone.

What is the selective startup item called that makes those shortcuts pop back up beside the startbutton in the toolbar?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:28 PM

start>right click on a blank place>properties>taskbar>check on top and lock uncheck hide.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:34 PM

Might want to give this neat little utility a try:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm#obtain
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:54 AM

I think its the 'quick launch' bar your after:
right-click an empty area of the taskbar and under toolbars put a tick by 'quick launch'.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:26 AM

If when your quick launch is back and there is not icons there you can always drag your icons from the desktop to there, and it will put a shortcut on the quick launch, while leaving the orginal icon on the desktop.

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

I think its the 'quick launch' bar your after:
right-click an empty area of the taskbar and under toolbars put a tick by 'quick launch'.

Lol, so many posts for such a small problem.

Rimmer's answer was the one i was looking for. I have no idea how that got unchecked, since i never mess with the toolbar options anymore. Musta been something with the selective start-up, or maybe i ended a certain process.... who knows.

Thanx to all that responded.

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

Your welcome. Anytime.

Also to prevent it from "distorting" when accidently dragging on the toolbar. You might want to consider "locking" the toolbar. That's what I do. The smallest the "quick launch" can be when locked it 3, but I don't know about a maximum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users