Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet Controller not recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stranger12

stranger12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Hello everybody,

I just had to do a reformat and new installation of Windows XP Professional.
I have an ASUS P4G8X Deluxe motherboard, and downloaded the newest ethernet drivers for it (5702_668), but the system always tells me that the required drivers are not available.
The only network connection that it shows me is the 1394 connection.
My internet was working just fine before the reformat, and the system shows me the ethernet contoller in the device manager window; but for whatever reason it does not let me install it.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

You may have tried this, but uninstall all drivers that you have download/installed, reboot your PC and upon restart follow the "Found New Hardware" prompts that will appear. This should install the correct working drivers and recognise that it has done so.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users