Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to install anti-virus can u help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 s1m0nw

s1m0nw

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

hey there guys.... I was wondering if you could help me..... for the past 8/9 months I have been unable to get anti virus on my computer. I had Trend anti virus 2007 the licence expired so I uninstalled that then put on AVG as a temporary until my dad got another licence for Trend, SO he got another licence I downloaded Trend 2008, Uninstalled AVG, Attemped to install Trend 2008 it get thru most of it rite till the end (I think) then displays a message saying it has been interupted.

I have researched the reasons for this... theres anoher program conflicting the installation of Trend 2008, AVG firewall is still appearing on my computer and turned on, Heres the tricky bit I cant turn it off as I already uninstalled AVG program.

I have cantacted TREND on this matter but they just kept sending me wrong files.

I REALLY hope you guys can help me as it is a really annoying problem to have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

You have a HJT log in Misplaced Logs awaiting your attention:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175944/need-help-unable-to-install-anti-virus/
Should you decide to follow through and repost said log, it is asked that you do nothing else to the computer unless told to do so by the HJT team member handling you log

Edited by garmanma, 23 October 2008 - 03:31 PM.
Topic closed

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users