Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Home connecting to network and Server 2000

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pi3yeargrad

pi3yeargrad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

OK for now I have about 20 computers setup on the server. All the computers are using Windows XP Pro and every user must log in with their username and password to access of course the server and network drives. I have a Windows XP Home computer I need to tie into the loop now. How would you go about giving that computer access to the server since it doesn't log in and out like Windows XP Pro. As of now I'm having trouble even gettin it access to the internet because the network is setup through static IPs and I don't know how they set it up - what the range is and what IPs are even being used. Ive connected the computer to the switch and the computer shows connected but even with this computer using a dynamic IP it will not connect. Is this because it has not been setup with the server or is this an IP problem on its own? I'm not too familiar with networking as I am with the hardware/software side of computers. Any help would be appreciated. If you need more info. just ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users