Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

will i be able to run black and white 2 on my new comp?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 allecb

allecb

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

im going to be getting a dell inspiron 530....
id be getting this one, the only diference is, id do a 60 dollar upgrade with a dual core processor instead of the celeron.

do you think black and white 2 would run okay on this computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

It might run, but "run OK" depends on a lot of things. The onboard video will likely run the game like a slug. What is your monitor's resolution? Running 3D games on a later monitor at decent resolutions is almost impossible with integrated graphics. Upgrading to a dual core and a proper videocard will help.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

Integrated graphics generally aren't recommended for video games. The larger your monitors resolution (and what you set the games resolution to) the more your graphics card has to work. Luckily, the model you selected allows for you to select a dedicated graphics card...granted they aren't very good models.

3939.png

#4 allecb

allecb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

It might run, but "run OK" depends on a lot of things. The onboard video will likely run the game like a slug. What is your monitor's resolution? Running 3D games on a later monitor at decent resolutions is almost impossible with integrated graphics. Upgrading to a dual core and a proper videocard will help.

i am using a flat screen viewsonic crt monitor.
the screen resolution right now is 1152x864

i might buy a 19 inch flat screen lcd though sometime...

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Remember that LCD's have a native resolution. This is a resolution where the monitor does not have to scale the image being sent to it, and thus looks best. For a non-widescreen 19 inch the native resolution is 1280x1024, for the widescreen model 1440x990.

3939.png

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

You'll probably need a new graphics card. I don't know much about black and white 2, but I think it's at least a couple years old? If you're only going to play that game, you may be able to get away with putting in your own graphics card in for as little as $75. If you want to eventually play some newer games though, it would be wise to invest more.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users