Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash videos load slowly

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

When I try to view online flash videos, the playback is always slow to buffer and often choppy. YouTube usually buffers well, but gives choppy playback. Other sites where you can watch videos (nbc, cbs, comedy central) will only ever play around 2 minutes of a video before having to buffer again, no matter how long I wait before. I know it's not the connection because my friend's computer plays videos flawlessly from the same connection, and it's not because of the browser (IE does work better than firefox, but still not well). I have Flash 10 installed. Any ideas on what could be causing the trouble or am I just out of luck? Thanks for any responses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:40 AM

How much RAM do you have?

#3 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

2 gigs

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

You probably just need to tweak something but it's going to take some trial and error to figure that out. It could be your security settings are too high. It could be something in Flash settings. It could be several different things. I'd start with the security settings. That's the most likely problem.

#5 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

What part of the security settings would I need to change? I reset all the security settings in IE and that didn't change anything. Also, turning off the firewall had no effect. I did, however, run the computer in safe mode with networking and flash videos played just fine, so I'm guessing it has something to do with a running process?

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

So what isn't running in safe mode?

#7 buzzworthybum

buzzworthybum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

55 different processes and a lot of vista visual features, but its not the latter

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

Well, that's your problem. One of those processes is causing the problem and it will take a lot of trial and error to figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users