Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I burn to disc a .UIF image file?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hello all. After several hours, I've had to give up with this problem.

I have a movie file of type .UIF

After extracting it, I tried to use MagicISO to convert it to an .iso image file for burning to disc. Clicking 'File' - 'Save to...' - I managed to get this .UIF file to show up as an .iso file.

I then opened my DeepBurner, and clicked "Burn ISO image" ... and imported the .iso image file. Clicked "BURN".

All went well... the DVD-R disc was ejected, with a notice saying 'successful burn'.

But the disc won't play in my PC or in my standalone DVD Player.

I've tried ConvertXtoDVD... it won't do the job.

I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

.UIF - Magic ISO Universal Image Format File

MagicISO is a CD/DVD image file creating / editing / extracting tool. It can open / create / edit / extract CD/DVD image files, and it can convert bin to iso and back. Universal Image Format (UIF) is a compression image file format for backing up CD/DVDs. MagicISO has a freeware program called MagicDisk that can open UIF files on Windows computers. For the Mac, you have to convert the file to ISO format and the tool UIF2ISO promises to do that by simply dropping the UIF file onto the tool. Once converted, the file can be opened or burned. .....

Quoted from:FILExt - The File Extension Source

MagicISO Inc.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Jesus.

I've downloaded and installed 'MagicDisk' - only to find it's a Trojan Horse for getting the unwary to install a non-free registry cleaner called 'Uniblue Registry Booster'.

And it won't let me uninstall it...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users