Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphic card fan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 losty

losty

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

Well im not sure if this is normal or not ...even the service guys cant detect the Problem !

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/asus_EN8400GS

Im using this graphic card so my problem is ..I online about 11 to 12 hours per time then i shut OFF my pc for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours . This graphic card fan sound happen each time i start my pc and it continue for 35 secs to 60 secs then it GONE ...pc run normal and no errors .

The sound like fan rubbing something but they checked nothing is rubbing ! Mmm

I bring back my pc to where i bought it cause im under waranty but they cant detect the damn Problem :thumbsup: and pc run fast too .

Its weird when i shut down less then 1 hour when i ON back no sound ! This happen when i run really long hours and pc OFF real cold . Then sound from graphic card fan come once i start and the sound last for for 35 to 50 secs .

Im Vista user , Core 2 Quad 2.4 , 4 gigs ram . 450 Watts power spully

Any idea ? or this is Normal ? cause i dont feel it normal to me LOL

Losty

Edited by losty, 22 October 2008 - 07:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

Can you give us a better description of what the noise sounds like?

You description isn't enough to really tell what is happening, but one thing that would fit the description would be a bearing going out in the fan. Most fans have a paper or plastic cover over the center of it, this is the bearing. If you take some light weight machine oil like 3 in 1 and apply a small amount with the tip of a tooth pick this may quieten it for the time being. If this works, then you will eventually need to replace the fan. If this turns out to be the problem have the shop that you bought it from replace the card.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 losty

losty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

The sound like It rubbing something ! but only happen about 35 to 55 secs ! I did took back for checkup but they didnt fine the Problem . Everything is running fine..I wonder why it sound like that EACH time i online more then 12 hours per time and then shut OFF for 2 hours and then ON back..the sound come for 35 to 55 secs .

Losty

Edited by losty, 23 October 2008 - 01:06 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:23 AM

Is it a clicking noise, or steady? Is it high pitched?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 losty

losty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

rubbing noise ..." ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

losty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users