Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VeronicaLea

VeronicaLea

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 which the SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio system is built into the Motherboard. This computer was given to be and one day, I lost my sound altogether. I have finally got back my computer sounds, but can hardly hear anything I try to play. I want to record some of my own music, but when I try to set-up the music program to record, my computer immediately goes black screen or blue screen. The black screen, the computer will restart, the blue screen I can't even shut the computer off. I have to unplug the whole system, wait a few mins, plug it back in, then it will restart. When I first recieved the computer, the sound worked okay. After I reinstalled the files for the SoundMAX, I can't seem to get it to work properly. I have the Audacity program, as well as one I just installed. Even the one I just installed does the same thing. So I'm thinking it is a computer problem, not a software problem.

Does anyone possibly know what the problem is, so I can fix it? I have done a system scan, and everything seemed okay, but towards the end DMA popped up. Are there configuration settings to set-up SoundMAX? If so, Ican't find them. Or would I have to write a specific .ini, .bat file to do it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Veronica Lea

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

Sounds like you might have the wrong driver, or it got corrupted. Is this the one you used?:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=122481
Installation instructions are at the bottom of the page, click on the +

Here's the page with all of the drivers for that model
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Edited by garmanma, 22 October 2008 - 10:23 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users