Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp anti virus 2009 and can only access safe mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Imaloser

Imaloser

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:08 AM

xp anti virus 2009 thingy has weaseled its way into my comp. -_- I have used malware to remove it, but it didnt work (removed most of it though). After using it, I can only boot my comp into safe mode with networking. and when i run malware in safe mode, the same trojan.agent keeps popping up "hkey_local_machine\software\tdss". i have tried looking for it but i cannot find it. it keeps popping up everytime i reboot into safe mode and run malware. oh yeah, when i reboot, a blue screen would flicker for a mili sec and then i am presented with booting my comp into safe mode and etc.

please help. i apologize if this is the wrong forum. i have spent the whole night researching about this but none of the soltions i encountered have worked.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Maniac

Maniac

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

Hi!

Download ESET SysInspector
http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

- Start program through the SysInspector.exe
The program will collect information about the situation on your machine.
- When "inspector" is ready and log file - generated, select File> Save Log
- Confirm their wish

Choose to save the file somewhere and then upload on http://4storing.com/ (when you open the page, click on the Great Britain flag to open the page in English), then give me the link.

Posted Image

#3 Imaloser

Imaloser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

http://4storing.com/qd3uh/21f733146bbdb0ce...8af3625e9f.html

Not sure if it makes any difference, but the link above is when I use malware to remove the viruses (tdss)

the link below is when I havent used it:
http://4storing.com/ory0s/6b085bd37da69731...d738e7284a.html

Edited by Imaloser, 22 October 2008 - 11:32 AM.

#4 Imaloser

Imaloser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Lol I got my hopes up and the first and third link says file temp unavailable. Thanks for helping btw. :thumbsup: I will check back later for the file.

Edited by Imaloser, 22 October 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Your hijackthis log is posted here.

After posting a log, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users