Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with my OS

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

hi hamilus ,
i tried to install the video drivers as you suggested earlier ,but again and again it shows the the same message.

ok take your time and post your reply.and i will also check out that cd by installing in my friends computer.

hi tswsl1989 thanks for repliying me ,

i tried what you said and it shows a message that it is started.but still iam not able to install the video drivers i am getting the same error.

Edited by dinesh4260, 27 October 2008 - 01:53 PM.

HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

hi hamilus,

are you working to solve my problem,then dont consider this .otherwise please tell me what to do next

#18 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

Well...you asked about the CD and whether it would work...either I've missed your reply or there hasn't been any.

As for my suggesting anything else that's not just wishing and hoping...I can't think of anything else that you can try relative to uninstalling/installing drivers.

It's difficult to attempt to troubleshoot any system...without it being right in front of me...unless there are specific error messages that relate to specific, documented circumstances.

Neither applies here.

Let's see what the other forum members have to offer as suggestions :thumbsup:.

Louis

#19 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

hi hamilus,

i think nobody knows about this problem iam unable to do any installation( softwares related to windows installer) and my antivirus ,firewall is not at all working

so the only choice iam having is to reformat my pc with an another new xp cd.

#20 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Sounds to me as if you may be infected.

It's always up to the owner/user to make those calls and decide what to do about such possibilities.

Louis

#21 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

hi hami,

As you said there is a possibility that i can be infected also so i can wait for for month or two but it cant be long without an antivirus in the system.

but this problem is from the first day when i installed xp.That there is no picture manager,no paint,no sytem tools (like system defragmentation,sytem cleanup....), i cannot even install internet explorer,windows media player ,also video drivers that anything related to windows installer.

so that i cannot access many formats like jpg,bmp,dat...etc so iunable to do anything on my computer.

do you what are the things we have to look whether our installed os is correct and whether it is updated and it carries all required system files withit or not.

#22 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

Well...if you had problems from day 1...I would guess that there is a hardware situation that is not being addressed.

Primary candidates: RAM and/or hard drive.

I would run diagnostics on both.

The only other possibility I can think of would involve an invalid version of XP.

Louis

#23 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

hi hami,

what type of hardware issues i have ,can you brief it a little bit.can you tell why this happen that whether the problem is with installation or the cd.

if it is a invalid version is there is anything that i can verify with any details in my computer.

Edited by dinesh4260, 30 October 2008 - 02:04 PM.

#24 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

I don't think you understand...how difficult it is for someone who doesn't have your system...to take guesses at what's wrong or right with it.

In general, if Windows is successfully activated...it's not an illegal version.

As for hardware problems...I've already given you my main two suspects that I would pursue.

Generally, if you can download and run a diagnostic from the hard drive manufacturer, that should either affirm or refute the status of the hard drive.

Regarding RAM...the way that some of us test it is to run Memtest 86, according to instructions.

These are not the only hardware problem which a system can have, they are just (IMO) the two most common that can be easily checked.

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

If you have any friends/associates who are (somewhat) knowledgeable about computers...you might consider asking them to take a look at your system.

Louis

#25 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

hi hamilus,sorry for late reply

my system is not responding well because of lots virus attacked my pc.so i only chance to recover is reformatting my pc
and my friends are also suggesting that.so i am going to reinstall win xp with a new cd.

thanks for your help .... :thumbsup: .hope it works otherwise i will contact you lATER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users