Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD player! WHEW!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys, I got a new computer a while ago and I only have one CD drive on it and its a CD burner. When I want to copy CDs from my friends I think it gets annouying because I have to put everything on my hard disk for and then burn it. So I decided to grab a CDrom drive from my old computer and put it in the new computer myself. The only problem is that it doesn't read anyhting. The computer realizes it's there but the CDrom won't read. I have the power supply plugged in and the big wide grey cables. Do I need anything else plugged in?? or what might be wrong???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hays47

hays47

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

If you have both the burner and cd-rom on same ide cable ( the wide ribbon cable ) one must be designated as master and the other as slave. Take the one you just put in out. Look at end where cables plug in. There should be a jumper pin. Look on top of drive for slave setting. Place the jumper on those two pins. Diagram should look like this[SIZE=7]:::: [SIZE=1]
I plan to live forever , so far , plan is working.

#3 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

also clean u'r old cdr drive with a cd lens cleaner.

#4 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

cool thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users