Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Color

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aprily

Aprily

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

What is Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific?
I had a problem reinstalling CorelDraw Graphics suite X4. Could not reinstall. Finally I used Your Uninstaller 2008 which showed that I have to remove "Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific". At first I was reluctant to do so, fearing it would damage my Adobe applications. But when Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific was removed first Your Uninstaller came up with unremoved installations of CorelDraw and then I removed them. CorelDraw X4 could be then reinstalled. But then what is this Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific? My search with Google didn't come up with results worth mentioning. Anybody any idea? All my Adobe applications are functioning nicely, at least for the moment. Thank you all.
Aprily

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

Hi Aprily.
It's more or less what it says. :thumbsup:
It's a color profile used specificly by photoshop for color uniformity on your input\output devices (monitor,printer,scanner,etc) so that they match as closely as possible. When you install photoshop, it installs a generic one automatically. You can also create one yourself. No biggie unless you're really in to it in a professional manner though.

#3 Aprily

Aprily
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

Hello HitSquad. :thumbsup:
Thank you. I believe you. But I have removed it ( I do not know where it was lurking behind) It is OK if it is not a big guy. But suppose I need it. Where will I get it from? Color uniformity, didn't you say, is worth exploring. Thank you very much.
Aprily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users