Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VaynardX

VaynardX

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

I am planning to buy either bitdefender or nod32. According to the top ten reviews, bitdefender is the winner ranked at no.1. To those who have used this product, is this better than nod32 in terms of protection? And is it proactive and is it as effective as nod32?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smohsen

smohsen

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

i think bit slow your computer
you exam avira (free version)?
thats realy good
I am always your's

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

I can't offer a comparison since i've never used NOD.
I do use BitDefender on my Linux box and have been
very happy with it. BD detection was better than AVG.
I have read some posts about BD being slow and somewhat
of a memory hog on Windows.
On my Windows laptop I use Avast! and have no issues.
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#4 dopefish

dopefish

BitDefender Representative

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

You can always try the trial and see if it really suites your needs. The latest version (2009) isn't at all a resource hog and has a more intuitive and and advanced interface. There are no slow downs on your computer at all, but I must say that there were some problems at first with the old 2008.

You can always try also the GameSafe edition if you're a hard-core gamer. Anyway you can check the comparison over here: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/antiv...comparison.html

#5 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

I'm using bitdefender and have been satisfied with it. I got a good deal when I bought it. My thoughts are that when my subscription ends, I'll probably use a freeware AV program. Depending on your browsing habits, you'd probably be fine with a freeware AVP coupled with a firewall. I also recommend SUPERAntispyware, Adware 2008, and spywareblaster as essential antispyware. Long & short-> You could probably save yourself some money.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users