Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PowerEdge 1600SC Dell SCSI booted and now doesn't

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ladygrey

ladygrey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hello, I'm pretty new here and I'm in real trouble. I've been trying to help some people and it seems I've just made it worse. I hope someone here will be able to help me.

PowerEdge 1600SC Dell Page for Dell computer
This is the page that shows the original computer. It has not been changed. It has also not been serviced or looked at in 8 years.
Running Windows 2000 Server
Two SCSI Seagate drives, one or both making a bad noise.
The following is what comes up in BIOS:
LSI Logic 1020/1030C Syn 320.0 Wide 16 Rev 1032300 202]
PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS 3.29
HA-0 (Bus1 Dev2)
PERC 3/SC Standard FW 1.80 DRAM 32MB
After the LSI Logic 1020/1030C Syn 320.0 Wide 16 Rev 1032300 202]
is shown, a message comes up and says
MPT boot ROM No supported devices found!
I then get a prompt to F1 continue or F2 enter setup.

Just this morning most of that was coming up, all except the part about No supported devices found and if I hit F1 it would continue and would boot.
The only thing and I mean the only thing that I did was to run the Dell Diagnostics from the partition on the disk. After that it finds no supported devices and won't boot.
What did I do and how do I undo it?
Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users