Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Html Websites and Advertisements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Help_me!

Help_me!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Hello !
When I enter Html websites, they flicker. I have also noticed advertisements flicker too. I don't know what to do, and as this is a shared computer, I don't know whether I have created the problem or not. So I thought it would be a lot easier to ask people who know what they are doing......

I also have another problem. I don't know whether it is related with the first one in any way but I'll mention it anyway.

When I open Windows Media Player I am unable to listen to any type of media. When I select a file to play it says that it is corrupted. The next file on the list is then selected, and also described as corrupted. This happens to all of the files. When I ask for help, it explains that my sound device could already be occupied (which I know it isn't as the same message comes up after I have closed all applications except Systray and Explorer), or my sound device may be connected incorrectly. I can, however, listen to music on a couple of websites. I am unable to watch any video media from the internet ( http://www.launch.com ). I have tried using Real Player and QuickTime, but both had the same problem after a couple of days. All of the files I am trying to use exist!! :thumbsup:

Please help me if you can, as I miss my music !!! :flowers:

XxX Laura XxX

P.S When I say Html websites I am referring to ones like http://www.wwe.com , http://www.mtv.com etc (If these are not Html websites then please forgive me for my confusing blonde-ness lol....)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Hi, Laura, and wellcome to Bleeping Computer.

I'm not sure what could be causing your flickering problems. Perhaps you should post your specs - what kind of video card, what size/brand processor, how much memory, that sort of thing.

All websites use html (Hyper Text Markup Language) as the basis for their site. Perhaps you are thinking of shockwave, which I noticed in abundance at your second site. FWIW, I'm not getting any flickering at either site. Let's start with the specs, and then if necessary go on to other areas.

#3 Help_me!

Help_me!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

Ok I have:
Microsoft Windows 98
System Manufacturer : Time Computer Systems
BIOS : American Megatrends
Processor : AMD-K6™ 3D Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~500MHz
Memory : 64MB RAM

I used DirectX to find this information on my computer, and when I opened it there were some errors. I am unable to give you screenshots today, but I can post you some tomorrow. Thank you for your help so far, I really appreciate it !!!

Thank you!!!!

XxX Laura XxX

If you need more information I can post that tomorrow too

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Good info so far, but nothing about the video card or onboard video. If it's onboard, it's sharing a relatively small amount of memory. You might try downloading a program called Everest, which will give you ready access to more information. It's free for home users, and it's here.

#5 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:07 AM

hi

my customer uses a similar pc and he once had this problem too. the configuration is quite old and getting new updated drivers is difficult too. (it uses SIS chipset ).

Any way try re-installing your VGA/AGP drivers and if it fails, try using an additional PCI VGA card for testing purposes.

As u mentioned there, u r relatively novice with all these thing and i suggest u to go for some techie help.

jbravo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users