Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and now computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mzleen

mzleen

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

I have a Dell Latitude D600, 1GB RAM, intel 1.6GHz processor, Windows XP Pro SP3

Well, I dropped a coke bottle on the keyboard (it was closed, no liquid damage) and then the screen went black but the computer was still on. So i shut it down and the computer power would come on for a second but the computer would not boot up and would just then shut off.

After a few tries I would get it to come on and got the blue screen with errors. the first time I forgot to write them down but the second time I got some different errors and I did write them down:

0x0000000A (0xBABBDFC4, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x804E10AE)

and another time

0x0000007F (0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Physical memory dump

During one of the few times I got it to boot up I did the diag that is built in and everything passed.
I have no new hardware.
I have SP3
I don't think I have any viruses or spyware because I am extremely proactive about keeping things off and am familiar with the process of removals and I don't do downloads.

NOW I have been searching online and in forums on how to troubleshoot BSOD and what diags i should be doing. But now the computer will not boot at all. Once the power button is pushed some lights come on (so there is actual dc power working), they blink, and then the computer will not come on. No boot action at all.

So how can I troubleshoot the problem if it won't come on? What should I do now so I can fix it?

I hope I have provided enough information.

Thanks!!!!

Edited by mzleen, 21 October 2008 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

It sounds like the Coke Bottle may have damaged the Key Board Area.

#3 mzleen

mzleen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:28 AM

I took out the keyboard and it seemed ok. I didn't see any damage. How do I know if the keyboard area is damaged if I cannot see the physical damage?

#4 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

It is a Laptop?

If it was a Desktop I would suggest trying another Keyboard?

Just a sticky Key on a normal Desktop Computer can cause what you complain about?

You know that Coke bottle hit hard?

:thumbsup:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

Abacus 7, that is a laptop, Google is your friend. :thumbsup:

Mzleen, You may have brocken the PC board that the keyboard is mounted on when the drink container landed on it. You can use the instructions at this site to disassemble the keyboard so that you can inspect it, or replace it if necessary.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 mzleen

mzleen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Well, I did take it apart and inspected the keyboard and it didn't seem to be cracked or physically look damaged. I don't have another one to swap it out with to see. I wish there was a way to test it before I run out and get another one. hmmmm

Edited by mzleen, 22 October 2008 - 08:02 PM.

#7 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

Multiple posts on the same subject will not get you help any quicker.
I have closed the others.

Please stay/continue in this thread.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users