Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virtumonde prevention?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ziggie216

ziggie216

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

Does anyone what is the main cause for virtumonde infection? Like what application does it exploit? I work for a fairly large corporation and each month I have to deal with this time consuming clean up on someone’s computer. I have to clean up rogue apps like Antivrius 2008, XP Antivirus, and others. We’re using SAV corporate version here and to me, this antivirus/Trojan/malware is completely worthless other than it can detect it, but could not remove it. I was wondering what other prevention method I can suggest to our OS & application packaging team to implement. The only catch is that using applications that does blocking such as spywareblaster, spybot’s immunize is out of the question since it has to go through security reviewing, legal, different country laws, etc… Even implementing our own blocks can be painful long process. Application updates and patches would probably be the best method, but I’m not sure which application is it attacking. Any suggestion would be helpful before I’m at the point where I’m going to toss these laptops out the window =\

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users