Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mejim

mejim

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Say I am filling out a contact form to a website. My latest was trying to get an ad in the classifieds of our local paper. I hit "submit" and the following message comes back (below). What in the world can be blocking me?
My computer has Windows XP, IE 6.x.x, sp2,3. My defenses are lavasoft's ad-aware, superantispyware, avast, Malwarebytes, and google popup blocker, and microsofts firewall.
I have 2 computers and both are channeled through a linksys ethernet router. One of my computers works fine and this one will not allow me to write to other computers. Any ideas? Here is what the message looks like.
Thanks for any help.

Jim
____________________________________________________________________________________
Problem Report
Access denied to system because of URL Filter Configuration, while attempting to retrieve the URL: http://juneauempire.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Message ID
FILTER_DENIED
___________________________________________________________________________________
Problem Description
Your system was configured to deny access to this URL.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Possible Problem Cause
Request denied, as specified in the local filter list configuration.
Possible Solution
Contact your network support team if this problem persists.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi Jim,

Try this:
  • Go to Start,
  • Control Panel,
  • Internet Options,
  • Connections,
  • Lan settings,
  • Untick "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
  • Click OK twice.

Edited by Emu1616, 22 October 2008 - 01:56 PM.

~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 mejim

mejim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

Okay, I will try that. I know my system is set up to be served through a proxy. Is this okay still?

Jim

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:47 AM

my system is set up to be served through a proxy.

Do you know why it's set up this way?
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users